Protect-A-Child is a Green Pool Fence Company
We invite everyone to join us in an environmentally conscious frame of mind in your work and play for a better planet Earth
As a US based product manufacturer we feel a responsibility to the environment to do everything possible to make our pool fence manufacturing entity as “green” and environmentally friendly as possible. From our administrative offices to logistics to manufacturing operation we consider the environment in everything we do.
These steps include the following:
- Order pool fence raw materials in bulk to minimize the amount of fuels necessary to deliver raw materials to our door.
- Modify pool fence production methods to assure that waste and scrap are minimized. This improves efficiency and we are able to pass the savings on to our pool fence customers.
- Set up collection barrels at every station so that all plastic, aluminum, and paper waste is recycled.
- Rather than scrap materials, if at all possible they are re-machined to make them usable. This minimizes the waste coming from our factory.
- Packaging of our pool fence orders in bulk rather than individually and providing incentives to dealers to order that way encourages less energy used in shipping and less packing materials consumed per foot of pool fence manufactured.
- The use of sufficiently strong boxes that can be reused by the customer as fence storage boxes saves paper and trees.
- The use of steel staples in boxing and packaging vs plastic tape reduces plastics use.
- Our administrative office thinks twice about printing emails and invoices. Every effort is made to store and transmit records electronically thus saving paper and minimizing physical storage facilities.