It’s the time of year when everyone is spending more time outside than they are inside. Besides maintaining your pool, you also want the area around the pool to look just as nice. From flowers to patio furniture, there are so many ways for your backyard to shine.
Let’s take a look.
- Let everyone gather around a fire pit. A fire pit is a good backyard investment because you can use it year after year and it can allow you to get more use out of your pool. When the sun goes down, you and your guests can still enjoy the pool area by sitting around the fire pit. It’s also a great spot to toast marshmallows.
- Add lighting around your pool. Lights around the pool are a nice touch not only for aesthetics but for practical use. Like the firepit, lighting around the pool can allow you to enjoy the pool for longer when the sun goes down, but the air is still warm.
- Do a patio overhaul. Depending on your budget and how much space you have to work with, you can make your patio look like another room in your home. Some people add pizza grills, ovens, televisions, refrigerators, and even ceiling fans! Take stock of the space you have. You may be surprised at what you can do!
- Add some shade. Again, what you can do is limited by the space you have. If space is tight, add decorative umbrellas to your patio tables. If you have more space, consider adding a pergola for shade. These are not only functional but look amazing!
- Don’t forget the plants! Plants and flowers on your patio and around the pool are also a nice touch to your backyard. If you’re looking to create a tropical feel around your pool add small palms and cycads. Agave, yucca, and aloe plants are a good idea because they’re low maintenance and flourish in the sun. You could always add cactuses as well, but just be careful to keep them away from where people will be walking or sitting.
No matter what kind of aesthetic additions you add around your pool or to your patio, never let safety take a back seat. Always be sure to keep all toys out of the pool when no one is around and have a secured pool fence. A pool fence can prevent people from getting into your pool area when no one is around.
For more information on pool fences and locks, contact Protect-A-Child Pool Fence today at 1-800-992-2206. Let us help you keep your pool area as safe as can be.